This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Manager, Infrastructure Real Estate
Deadline: December 18, 2020
Posted: November 18, 2020
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure Real Estate, the Manager, Infrastructure Real Estate will be responsible for managing the efficient and effective administration of core business activities of the department, so as to ensure timely delivery of land, property rights and commercial agreements required to advance VFPA's infrastructure projects.
Specifically, this position will:
• Manage the core business activities of the Infrastructure Real Estate Department. This includes responsibility for negotiation of property acquisitions, exchanges, project agreements, major terminal leases, right-of-ways, licenses, commercial agreements and rent reviews. Ensure compliance by tenants of contractual obligations to VFPA
• Formulate strategies, manage and deliver special land programs and initiatives required to advance VFPA's infrastructure projects, as assigned
• Oversee the timely collection of revenues and ensure availability of adequate cash flows from rentals
• Formulate, review and monitor various departmental processes
• Ensure accurate property records are properly maintained in department using corporate filing and property management systems
• Establish and track key performance indicators for the department's infrastructure real estate functions. Plan, implement and review staffing requirements, including determining clear position descriptions, accountabilities and reporting arrangements to optimize service delivery
Qualifications / Required Skills
The ideal candidate will possess a degree in real estate, business or law and a minimum of 5 years progressive experience, at a management level. You must have strong negotiations skills, a solid background in industrial or commercial real estate, experience providing real estate services to infrastructure development projects, and leasehold administration. Your exceptional leadership qualities and management and communication skills enable you to effectively interface with all levels of business, government and the public. You are an effective decision-maker, strategic planner and initiator, who fosters the development of emerging leaders.
Your exceptional leadership qualities and management and communication skills enable you to effectively interface with all levels of business, government and the public. You are an effective decision-maker, strategic planner and initiator, who fosters the development of emerging leaders.
The incumbent must obtain and maintain a valid Marine Transportation Security Clearance as this position is required to access restricted areas/information as defined by the Marine Transportation Security Regulations.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.
Apply online at www.portvancouver.com/careers
The Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways, bordering on 16 municipalities and intersecting with traditional territories and treaty lands of several Coast Salish First Nations. Annually $200 billion in goods with more than 170 world economies are traded through the port. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority manages port lands at the Port of Vancouver, and leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers.