Job Board > Property Services Agent - District of North Vancouver
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Province: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Property Services Agent
Deadline: March 27, 2023
Posted: February 28, 2023
Job Description / Duties
As the Property Services Agent you will report to the Manager, Real Estate and Properties, and represent the Planning, Properties and Permits Division and the District of North Vancouver by drawing on your real estate and project management experience, as well as your strong team and consensus building skills and your proven ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.
You will be a key member of the Real Estate and Properties Department and responsible for a diverse portfolio of commercial, industrial, retail and residential real estate assets to ensure that the District’s varied interests are protected and the municipality achieves maximum value from this portfolio. This includes lease and licence negotiations and renewals, land acquisition and sales, and other land negotiation among other responsibilities.
• Coordinate the acquisition, disposition and ongoing administration of the District’s real estate interests and rights, including statutory rights of ways, licence and leases to fulfil the mandate and responsibilities of the Department and the Municipality.
• Provide advice to interdisciplinary municipal teams and act as a key resource in real estate management, negotiation and administration.
• Assist the Manager with the management of the District’s real estate assets; provide direction, and guidance to municipal staff; direct and coordinate the work of consultants; and work with interdisciplinary municipal teams.
• Negotiate complex agreements and arrangements, and undertake appropriate real estate, economic and financial analysis to support your decision making.
• Consult, liaise and negotiate with staff of municipal agencies, boards, commissions and divisions, elected officials, community groups, other governments and the private sector to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
• Maintain an ongoing awareness of current trends, practices and directions in the real estate market and development community.
You will have:
• Strong negotiation skills and experience, including the ability to tactfully respond to inquiries, effectively resolve negotiations, and have demonstrated conflict management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and research skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work cooperatively in an interdisciplinary team and engage a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work well within a complex and rapidly changing political environment, with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications / Required Skills
The successful candidate will have a degree in Urban Land Economics and experience and understanding of AACI appraisals OR other education and accreditation in a related discipline, along with membership in the Real Estate Institute of BC (or eligibility for membership) or a similar association such as IRWA, PMI or Expropriation Association, plus considerable related experience and knowledge with most aspects of residential, commercial and industrial real estate, the local development industry and municipal government. A valid Class 5 BC driver’s license is also required.
Salary: The pay range for this unionized position is $44.78 to $52.91 per hour (2021 rates) based on a 35-hour work week.
If you have what we’re looking for, and a passion to serve people and the community, please apply on-line with your cover letter and resume at https://careers.dnv.org by March, 27, 2023.
Home to vast parkland and attractions including Grouse Mountain, Lynn Canyon and Capilano Suspension Bridge, the District of North Vancouver is inspired by nature and enriched by people. Designated one of BC’s Top Employers for 4 years, the District offers exciting professional development opportunities and a competitive total compensation package including a nine-day fortnight and remote work options. This is an exciting time to join the District, as we embark on a range of initiatives to transform digital service delivery, customer experience, and our approach to climate action. Known for being a flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive workplace culture, the District of North Vancouver offers an exceptional workplace culture. If you are civic-minded and interested in making an impact on people and businesses on the beautiful North Shore, consider working for the District of North Vancouver.