Job Board > Senior Real Estate Specialist - Infrastructure (2 year term) - Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
This is a Temporary, Full-time position.
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Senior Real Estate Specialist - Infrastructure (2 year term)
Deadline: February 26, 2021
Posted: January 26, 2021
Job Description / Duties
This role will:
• Negotiate lease and licence agreements, amendments, surrenders, easements/right-of-ways and other agreements for the development and utilization of VFPA property and other port supportive infrastructure projects, including property purchases, dispositions and exchanges, project agreements and leases in accordance with VFPA policies, guidelines and practices
• Inspect and report on VFPA properties, tenant improvements, new construction and alterations and VFPA assets with a view to ensuring compliance with agreement terms
• Perform rent reviews for major marine terminal agreements as assigned
• Prepare valuation reports and rental proposals. Carry out market rental surveys, commissions and reviews independent appraisal reports. Prepare analysis and submissions to management in support of land transaction and rent review proposals. Review lease/property agreements for completeness and accuracy. Coordinate and verify input to property management systems. Provide real estate input into Project and Environmental Review applications as well as infrastructure delivery procurement. Collect overdue rental accounts
• Support the development, monitoring and communication of infrastructure project documentation, project status reports and presentations, identification and management of project risks and issues
• Assist with preparation of evidence for litigation proceedings and responds to Access to Information inquiries as required. Provide information for audits and special examinations conducts research and prepares summary analysis for the Executive and the Board, as required
Qualifications / Required Skills
The successful candidate will possess an acceptable university degree, preferably in commerce or real estate, along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior level in a related commercial real property management environment, and eligible for a RI or AACI designation. Must have strong negotiation, real estate analysis and leasehold administration skills. Experience negotiating real estate development agreements is preferred.
This position is ideal for an individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively and positively with both VFPA staff and senior representatives from industry and government. Demonstrated aptitude and ability for tactful and diplomatic negotiation, along with solid analytical abilities. A high degree of initiative and good judgment is required. Must be a highly motivated and proactive individual with a strong orientation to customer service. Must be committed to a philosophy of continuous improvement in all work processes, and able to work independently, with a minimum of supervision, as well as in a team environment. Requires an excellent command of the English language, both oral and written.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting http://www.portvancouver.com/careers/
(Please note this posting will remain open until filled.)
The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is responsible for the stewardship of Canada’s largest port, and our vision is to the world’s most sustainable port. Want to work in a fast-paced environment using your skills to collaborate with dedicated people and benefit all Canadians? Join our team and connect your world to us.
The Senior Real Estate Specialist – Infrastructure performs property management and negotiation functions related to the development of VFPA’s marine terminals and other port supportive infrastructure projects, including acquisitions, dispositions, exchanges, project agreements, leases/licenses/rights-of-way and rental reviews, lease administration and negotiation, property valuations, inspections and overseeing tenant operations and enforcing compliance with contractual terms. Coordinates and verifies input to property management systems, and performs other related duties as required.