This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Province: Dunsmuir, British Columbia
Position: Manager, Planning & Asset Management
Deadline: May 6, 2022
Posted: April 27, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Manager, Planning & Asset Management
Job Number: BCH-R-0087-220420E1
Job Location: Dunsmuir 13, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
• The Manager, Planning and Asset Management (Properties Manager 2) is a member of the Real Estate Planning and Project Delivery (REPPD) leadership team and shares accountability for achievement of Properties strategic objectives. This role leads a team of 5 people and has accountability for Properties asset management, capital planning, buildings GHG management, and delivery of facility-related safety, environment & compliance programs for the Properties’ portfolio of approximately 100 BC Hydro corporate, regional, district office facilities and select townsites across the province.
• The Manager, Planning and Asset Management has accountability for the following:
Asset Management –
*Plans and delivers asset management programs
*Leads and implements a comprehensives asset management practice for over 13,000 assets across over 100 field facilities and corporate offices
* Leads facility asset plan development, completion of regular facility condition asset assessments, tracking and updating of asset data, undertaking facility criticality rating assessments, and identifying priority asset investments (e.g. facility improvements, facility building and system replacements.
* Develops and implements asset management strategies, plans, standards and business cases to support BC Hydro’s long-term business needs;
* Develops and delivers presentations for business groups and executives on asset management and capital plan strategies and updates Capital Planning –
* Develops and updates 10 Year capital plans with prioritization of over $50M of annual capital upgrade investments based on asset health, risks, operational priorities and organizational strategies.
* Undertakes extensive stakeholder engagement and relationship building with all occupant groups for development of Capital Plan.
* Recommends investments for priorities through building strong business cases and investment rationales.
Safety, Environment and Compliance Programs –
* Has accountability for asset owner safety responsibilities and manages Properties overall compliance with respect to safety programs that relate to assets in the buildings Properties manages, such as asbestos, confined space and water quality.
* Overall accountability for planning and delivery of buildings GHG management plan.
Team Leadership –
* Builds an engaged, high-performing team and guides employee development & training;
* Engages and collaborates with stakeholders across the organization to ensure strategies and services align with organizational priorities and business unit plans;
* Champions safety/compliance and performance management for the team and with suppliers;
* Proactively manages department budgets, revenues, plans and metrics;
* Manages risks in line of business;
* Leads and supports strategic initiatives related to the properties strategy;
* Collaborates with Properties colleagues to incorporate asset management knowledge into Properties processes, building standards and projects, facilities management;
* Incorporates industry best practices and continuous improvement into our strategies and processes.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A university degree in a related field and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience”
• The ideal candidate is an experienced leader in an area of either asset management, planning, project management, or other relevant discipline with a proven ability to engage stakeholders to develop strategic plans and see them through to successful implementation.
• Minimum of 10-12 years of progressive experience in asset management, project management or equivalent within a large, complex organization. Demonstrated experience leading teams, complex projects and strategic initiatives is also required.
• Proven team player and relationship builder, with strong interpersonal, communication, conflict management, analytical, negotiation skills;
• Proven ability to write compelling business cases and briefing materials; develop and lead presentations to senior audiences;
• Proven ability to take ownership of issues, effectively assess risk, prioritize appropriate actions, and persevere to achieve results;
• Experience in promoting employee development by establishing clear expectations, providing feedback and having difficult conversations.
• Strong business acumen and knowledge in all aspects of running a business is an asset.
• Asset management, risk management and finance experience are an asset. Subject matter expertise in buildings and building systems is an asset.
* A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain the following requirements in good standing: Driver's License Type = Class 5
* Some travel is required. Approximately 4 times a year for overnight travel; with local (day travel) to sites in the lower mainland and Vancouver Island every few months.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by May 6, 2022.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.