This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category:
Province: Burnaby, British Columbia
Position: Director, Regional Development, Lower Mainland
Deadline: November 12, 2015
Posted: October 20, 2015
Job Description / Duties
Make a direct impact on increasing the amount of affordable housing in BC
Working with a team that includes Senior Project Officers, Project Technologists and a Development Team Assistant; you will lead the planning, design and delivery of a number of complex and diverse affordable housing development projects. The ideal candidate will bring proven strategic planning, business development, financial and a working knowledge of project management skills to the position. Currently there a number of new low to moderate income housing projects in the Lower Mainland region that are under development or construction and this is just one small part of our drive to facilitate an increased supply of community-based affordable housing across the province.
You will have a commitment to create an environment where teamwork and open communication are fostered and you will form strong collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Collaborating with housing organizations and all levels of government to help facilitate project proposals, you’ll be involved in:
• managing the review and evaluation of proposed project sites, designs, construction specifications, cost estimates, development schedules and management plans
• approving final project designs, construction specifications, cost estimates and project schedules
• overseeing the selection process, contract management and performance of building professionals involved in your projects
• monitoring and managing construction with regard to scope, schedule, budget and quality management, including overseeing inspections and the application of BC Housing construction standards
• managing due diligence reviews to ensure risks are identified and assessed, making recommendations to the Executive Committee and PRHC
• working closely with Corporate Services on initial subsidy projections and approving the allocation of subsidy assistance throughout the development process up to occupancy
• ensuring the finalization of projects to allow for occupancy, including the preparation of reports and completion of all legal and financial documents.
Qualifications / Required Skills
In addition to a degree in a field such as land use planning or real estate development and financing, you have considerable project management experience in developing multi-unit residential housing.
You have extensive knowledge of:
• BC Housing’s operations and housing programs
• multi-unit residential real estate financing and underwriting criteria.
And you have the ability to:
• develop and analyze multi-unit residential real estate capital and operating budget pro-formas
• lead, coach and motivate staff in a team setting
• manage multiple issues and projects concurrently, coordinate work with others and adapt to changing priorities
• negotiate effectively, resolve conflicts and build consensus
• communicate and relate effectively with housing sector participants, the construction industry and other government agencies.
Project management certification and experience with the non-profit sector would be preferred.
To apply for this position or to view the Job Description and other opportunities, please visit https://www.bchousing.org/careers.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in a single document.
BC Housing--one of BC's Top Employers for 2015-Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To apply, please visit our Career Centre at http://www.bchousing.org/careers .
A cover letter is required as part of your application. Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
Please note: As part of the application process you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. You will not be able to go back at a later time to complete the questionnaire so please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter.
At this time, we will not be considering agency represented candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply directly to BC Housing.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will be advertised on www.bchousing.org/careers until the position is filled.
BC Housing is the provincial crown agency that develops, manages, and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options.
We partner with private and non-profit partners, other levels of government, health authorities, and community groups to increase affordable housing options for British Columbians in need. More than 97,000 households benefit from government-subsidized housing.