This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category:
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Executive Director
Deadline: December 15, 2015
Posted: November 24, 2015
Job Description / Duties
Sanford Housing Society seeks a strategic thinker with proven leadership skills to lead a dynamic housing society with an excellent reputation into the next phase of its growth.
SHS is focused on housing development and property management for people with mental illness and/or addictions, partnering with others who provide care to residents. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization.
This person has the ability to motivate staff and to sustain good relationships with partners in a challenging environment of shifting political and funding realities. This is a fantastic opportunity to fill a role that directly affects one of our most prominent social issues–providing housing to those in need.
Areas of Responsibility
The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of SHS success by delivering outstanding results in the following areas:
• Operational planning and management
• Financial planning and management
• Risk management
Key strategic responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the Board to develop a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization, along with an operational plan that fulfils the Society’s mission
• Establishing strong partnerships with service providers, government agencies, politicians, funders and other stakeholders that support the organization’s goals.
• Continuing to build and develop a highly effective team of 14 staff
• Identifying and pursuing opportunities for housing development
• Working with the financial manager and Board to prepare and administer society budgets
• Identifying, evaluating and taking appropriate action on key organizational risks.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Education and Experience
• Five or more years of progressive management experience as an executive director or senior manager preferably in the non-profit housing sector or related social purpose real estate field
• Post-secondary education preferably with completion of a recognized real estate designation in property management and/or urban land economics/development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Five or more years of management experience as an executive director or senior manager preferably in the non-profit housing sector
• Knowledge of non-profit sector, property management and development and construction processes
• A well-defined sense of diplomacy including conflict resolution and people management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to set priorities
• Strong financial literacy
• Proficiency with the following software applications:
- Microsoft Office
- Property management and accounting programs such as Yardi Voyager an asset
Qualified candidates must submit a resume, with a detailed cover letter by December 15, 2015. Excellent benefits package, including pension plan. We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sanford Housing Society specializes in housing development and property management, partnering with others who provide care.