Job Board > Board of Directors - Katzie First Nation
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Province: Lower Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Position: Board of Directors
Deadline: January 27, 2023
Posted: December 23, 2022
Job Description / Duties
• Maintain high standards of integrity, efficiency, and promote culturally appropriate ventures and transactions.
• Oversee recruitment, and capacity development of executive management and provide support when and where necessary.
• Establish long-range plan and strategy with defined timeframes and milestones to achieve specific goals.
• Report to Chief and Council as required.
• Develop corporate and operating policies that reflect corporate values in accordance with laws and regulations.
• Provide business expertise in external negotiations related to economic development opportunities.
• Establish venture selection criteria guidelines and approve new business opportunities for KDC.
• Oversee and evaluate operations of KDC and its applicable operating Limited Partnerships.
• Approve annual budgets and receive monthly / quarterly financial reports.
• Report annual performance to Chief and Council and membership.
• Meet approximately 8 to 10 times per year.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Professional competencies including: KFN traditional knowledge, business development, corporate governance, community and land use planning, laws and regulations, finance and accounting, Indigenous title and rights, human resources, technology, innovation, and strategic and business planning experience.
• Proven people management, leadership, and business relationship building experience.
• Knowledge of related businesses (e.g., retail, tourism, forestry, fisheries, environmental, commercial, real estate development, and recreational).
• Knowledge of, or experience working with First Nations.
• Ability to understand and analyze financial and non-financial performance reports.
• Ability to assess and manage risk.
• Willingness to devote time required to carry out Director duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to be impartial, trustworthy, respect confidentiality, and to identify and avoid conflicts of interest.
• A positive attitude that promotes teamwork and values of KDC and the Katzie First Nation.
Directors will be paid an honorarium and reimbursed for travel expenses in support of Board meetings. Meetings are likely to be a mix of in-person and online.
Please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Katzie Development Corporation Director Application” in the subject header by 4:30pm on January 27, 2023.
The Katzie Development Corporation (KDC) is a wholly owned entity of Katzie First Nation (KFN), located in the lower Fraser Valley. KDC is responsible for leading the economic development ventures on behalf of KFN, which currently owns and operates Katzie Development, in addition to operating interests in K&K Forestry Operations, KKS Fishing, and Sacred Waters with other Nations. A governance guidebook has been developed between KFN and KDC that defines specific roles and responsibilities that best support oversight and governance of Katzie for-profit economic development ventures. KDC is looking for two (2) new Directors to join the Board to lead and oversee KDC in alignment with Katzie and Coast Salish values. KFN is looking for individuals that can commit to a two-year term in this capacity.