This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category:
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Manager, Infrastructure Real Estate
Deadline: March 22, 2019
Posted: March 11, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Our Infrastructure Real Estate Team is seeking a seasoned Manager, Infrastructure Real Estate to be responsible for the efficient and effective administration of core business activities of the department, so as to ensure timely delivery of land, property rights and commercial agreements required to advance VFPA’s infrastructure projects. In this role, you will:
• Manage the core business activities of the Infrastructure Real Estate Department. This includes responsibility for negotiation of property acquisitions, exchanges, project agreements, major terminal leases, right-of-ways, licenses, commercial agreements and rent reviews. Ensure compliance by tenants of contractual obligations to VFPA.
• Formulate strategies, manage and deliver special land programs and initiatives required to advance VFPA’s infrastructure projects, as assigned.
• Oversee the timely collection of revenues and ensure availability of adequate cash flows from rentals.
• Formulate, review and monitor various departmental processes.
• Ensure accurate property records are properly maintained in department using corporate filing and property management systems.
• Establish and track key performance indicators for the department’s infrastructure real estate functions.
Qualifications / Required Skills
As the successful candidate, you will have a university degree in real estate, business or law along with a minimum of 5 years related experience at a management level, or an acceptable combination of education and experience. You have strong negotiations skills, a solid background in industrial or commercial real estate, experience providing real estate services to infrastructure development projects, and leasehold administration. You possess excellent leadership qualities and management skills, and enjoy working in a team environment.
Manager, Infrastructure Real Estate
(3 Year Term)
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
The Port of Vancouver is Canada’s largest and most diversified port, stretching along 360 kilometres of shoreline and waterways, bordering on 16 municipalities and intersecting with traditional territories and treaty lands of several Coast Salish First Nations. Annually $200 billion in goods with more than 170 world economies are traded through the port. The Vancouver Fraser Port Authority manages port lands at the Port of Vancouver, and leads the efficient and reliable movement of cargo and passengers.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting www.portvancouver.com/careers, by March 22, 2019.
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.