Job Description / Duties
• Asset Management - Work with the team on the investment and operation strategy for each asset to be managed, and then oversee the execution of the strategy, including annual budgeting and quarterly reporting, in collaboration with in-house property management and accounting
• Commercial Leasing and Tenant Relations Management - Work with 3rd party leasing brokers to market and lease vacant industrial & commercial space, negotiate market-competitive and accretive lease transactions, and work with commercial tenants on renewals and other property matters
• Term Financing - Manage and secure mortgage financing or renewals in line with each property’s strategy
Qualifications / Required Skills
• University degree, preferably in Real Estate, Business or Commerce
• 5-10 years of relevant real estate experience with a strong background in leasing and/or asset management
• Experience and understanding of commercial leases and the leasing process, including drafting of offers and leases, and possibly working with tenants and the brokerage community
• Thorough understanding of industrial and office properties in the Metro Vancouver market; building operations knowledge would be useful
• Ability to apply logic and reasoning to analyze complex financial, legal and contractual matters, and to provide strategic solutions or recommendations
• Ability to perform general real estate underwriting and valuation
• Team player with an understanding of group dynamics and a track record of proactively managing tasks and responsibilities, as well as a self-starter
• Adept at multi-tasking on a diverse set of activities while working under pressure and tight deadlines
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced computer skills with a high degree of proficiency in the MS Office suite of programs, especially Excel and Word; Yardi software experience would be an asset
• A BC Commercial Real Estate Trading Services license in good standing would be beneficial
This is a general description of the tasks and skills required. Additional responsibilities and duties may be required to successfully perform this position
Join the Concert Team!
From the people who own our company to the people we employ, people are what makes Concert a developer with a difference. At Concert, we offer competitive pay, extended health benefits, comprehensive pension package, fitness benefits, transit subsidies, education assistance program and the opportunity to work with a unique group with varied backgrounds.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume and cover letter in PDF or MS Word format, quoting the name of the position in the subject line to: WebHR@ConcertProperties.com
Please be advised that only qualified, short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Concert.
Concert is an award-winning diversified real estate enterprise with assets in excess of $3.7 billion in market value and shareholder equity of approximately $2.2 billion. Exclusively owned by Canadian union and management pension plans, Concert is involved in developing rental apartments, condominium homes and retirement communities, and acquiring, developing and managing commercial and industrial properties in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario.