This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Property Representative 1
Deadline: July 30, 2021
Posted: July 21, 2021
Job Description / Duties
• Arranges the sale, acquisition, lease and/or management of moderately complex properties or property rights ensuring that BC Hydro's requirements are met; researches and analyzes property rights, physical attributes and/or customer requests; determines financial impacts, feasibility and prepares reports and recommendations; prepares budget estimates for capital or operating expenditures for acquisition projects; solicits interest via advertisements; arranges for, prepares and negotiates offers, terms and conditions with customers, property owners and others; prepares agreements, documentation and required approvals.
• Manages an assigned real estate leasing portfolio representing BC Hydro’s interests as a landlord or tenant by: renegotiating/reviewing lease agreements, managing the contractual relationships, and conducting site inspections; monitoring and advising tenants of breaches/financial or other agreement problems and following up to take appropriate corrective action and/or negotiate a resolution.
• Manages moderately complex BC Hydro’s utility corridor property interests, reservoir lands, fee owned lands and other interests; negotiates agreements; performs site inspections; reviews development and construction plans; ensures work is carried out in accordance with plans, agreements and safety requirements; follows up with property owners, developers and contractors on right of way encroachments where a safety hazard to public or BC Hydro works exists.
• Provides assistance and support to higher level Property Representatives and reporting Manager on major complex capital projects and proposals; undertakes assigned moderately complex task segments for project implementation elements as a task team member.
• Provides technical direction to contractors, professional consultants and Property Services workers; provides direction and instruction to Property Legal workers on the preparation, registration and release of various property rights and transactions; provides technical guidance
• and checks work of lower level Property Services workers.
• Conducts research regarding legal, historic, economic, financial and political uses of land and rights related to various projects and proposals; prepares reports, supporting data and recommendations; follows up to implement approved recommendations.
• Reviews and approves Contract Payments to maintain BC Hydro property rights; approves payment requisitions for other staff members within designated authority limits.
• Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the nature of the job.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Real estate, land economics, right of way and interest valuation, appraisal, land title and rights registry and documentation systems and processes, land research and analysis methods and techniques, financial analysis, administrative systems, negotiation and conflict resolution techniques and methods and report writing, Knowledge is typically acquired through completion of a Diploma Program in Urban Land Economics or equivalent plus BC Hydro in house courses in CDS applications, email and internet browsers.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in progressively more responsible positions involving the purchase/sale of land, acquisition of property rights, analysis of various property transaction details, contracts administration and property rights and interest registration. Well developed oral, written, teamwork, interpersonal communication, negotiation and analytical skills.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
• A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain the following requirements in good standing: Driver's License Type = Class 5
• Regular travel to project locations are expected, and experience with BC Hydro project cycle and working on capital project teams are an asset.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by July 30, 2021.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We act with integrity.
We respect our province.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.