Job Board > Real Estate Negotiator - City of Richmond
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Province: Richmond, British Columbia
Position: Real Estate Negotiator
Deadline: March 22, 2023
Posted: March 7, 2023
Job Description / Duties
To support the Director, Real Estate Services and Managers, Property Services and to provide administration and real estate services for the Real Estate Services division while maintaining our reputation as the Best city in BC to do business with.
Examples of key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate the purchase and sale of property interests, such as rights of way, encroachment agreements, licences and minor leases, for various City Departments to meet their operational requirements, as well as for external parties for use of the City’s property;
- Administer the City’s rental property portfolio (residential and commercial);
- Discharge rights of way no longer required for municipal works;
- Review and appeal property assessments of the City’s lands;
- Assist in completion of subdivision and rezoning of municipal investment properties;
- Investigate and research real estate and property related issues such as value, ownership rights, and other information as required for strategic land acquisitions/disposals;
- Coordinate surveys, appraisals, legal opinions and environmental reports for land related transactions for City owned lands and lands being acquired;
- Assist the Director, Real Estate Services and the Managers, Property Services with real estate initiatives;
- Prepare draft reports to Council and Committees as required;
- Provide some administrative services for the Director, Real Estate Services as required.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of municipal/local government;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously as a self-starter;
- Ability to make and maintain relationships with various stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Positive and progressive attitude, demonstrating creative spirit;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related experience;
- Degree or diploma in Real Estate, a professional real estate designation or a similar combination of post secondary education and work experience and completion of appraisal and/or right of way programs;
- Valid BC driver’s license.
Salary: $85,925 - $107,406
Please apply through the City of Richmond career site: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TRQS8M&cws=37&rid=1289
The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community. The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits and attractive incentives. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada”, then please apply.