This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category:
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Properties Manager 1, Site C
Deadline: October 23, 2015
Posted: October 9, 2015
Job Description / Duties
* acquisition of land and rights for the Site C Project from the Provincial Crown.
* acquisition of agreements from tenure holders of Crown Land e.g. resource road licensees, railways and Oil & Gas sector.
* budgeting and forecasting, financial and schedule reporting.
* develops strategies, policies, determines negotiation tactics and provides creative problem solving related to land tenures.
* interface with the project’s Finance and Project Management teams.
* functional lead for the development and operation of a property acquisition tracking tool, and for document control.
* establish guidelines and procedures related to crown land tenure applications, project reporting, forecasting and scheduling.
* the development of property lifecycle guidelines and processes.
* manage procurement of contract services such as valuators and surveyors.
Qualifications / Required Skills
* A bachelor level degree or equivalent in Urban Land Economics, Commerce, Urban Planning or Real Estate Economics.
* Additional assets would include but are not limited to the following professional designations: AACI, RI(BC) and SR/WA or MBA.
* A minimum of 8 years of experience in progressively more responsible real estate related positions with an excellent demonstrated working knowledge of real estate processes.
* Strong management skills - experience managing employees in a unionized environment.
* Demonstrated leadership skills, customer service orientation and computer literacy to manage real estate/property interests.
* Well developed presentation, written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must have demonstrated negotiation, conflict resolution, project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
Site C Clean Energy Project will be the third dam and hydroelectric generating station on the Peace River in northeastern British Columbia, located approximately seven kilometers southwest of Fort St. John. The project will help meet the long-term electricity needs of the Province as a new source of clean, reliable and cost-effective electricity in B.C. for more than 100 years. More information on the Site C project can be found at: www.sitecproject.com.
Construction of Site C started in the summer of 2015.
This opportunity is for a Properties Manager to work within the Site Properties team during the construction phase of the project.
* Your experience will demonstrate: leadership and direction on strategic and operational issues; continuous process improvement and responses to changing needs; the ability to identify and assess specific needs or opportunities; the ability to foster co-operative, results oriented relationships internally in BC Hydro and where relevant, externally with property owners, agencies, service providers and contractors and professional organizations; operational and capital planning and management and contract management skills, and the ability to foster client relationships that are positive and optimize service delivery.
* A condition of employment for this job is that you hold and maintain in good standing a Class 5 Driver's Licence.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
Your passion lies in making a difference. By moving beyond the expected, you help make our world a better place. These values we respect and seek out in employees. Together, we can build our community, foster conservation and deliver clean, reliable energy solutions for today, tomorrow and generations to come.
Being one of the largest electric utilities in Canada and North America, BC Hydro offers challenging opportunities throughout the province.