This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category:
Province: Multiple Locations, British Columbia
Position: Appraiser II (or lesser)
Deadline: November 24, 2015
Posted: November 12, 2015
Job Description / Duties
As an Appraiser, you will report to the Senior Appraiser and will collect, analyze, and interpret information in order to determine values on properties such as single and multi-family dwellings, conversions, duplexes, apartments, mobile homes, farm buildings, commercial, office and light industrial buildings, as well as accessory buildings and vacant and improved land.
Providing superior customer service, and often working directly with property owners, you will:
• Inspect, measure and determine the values of assigned property types
• Check alterations, renovations and other construction
• Maintain records, drawings and data used for assessment purposes
• Utilize state of the art technology, including satellite imaging and digital mapping software
• Provide great customer service to the public whether in-person at the office, through telephone/email , and/or in the field at property sites
• Prepare reports for property assessment appeals
• Provide factual evidence in a Review/Appeal Board situation and defend BC Assessment property values when challenges arise
To apply for any of these roles, you must be eligible to work within Canada, and open to travelling for work on occasion. You will also have a valid Class 7N BC Automobile Driver’s License at minimum.
About BC Assessment
BC Assessment values all property in the province of British Columbia. Our applications and data are used to create an annual Assessment Roll which informs and acts as an important factor for municipal and provincial taxation planning, policy and decision.
Employees are the heart of BC Assessment. As a Crown corporation providing property assessment services for a variety of customers across the province, BC Assessment recognizes the importance of its employees' contributions.
BC Assessment seeks to recruit, reward and retain great talent - the people who work hard to help make the corporation a leading property assessment organization and the first choice for property information in British Columbia. To find out more about BC Assessment, please click here.
About the Benefits
BC Assessment is committed to the professional growth, development and well-being of their staff. In return for your dedication, you will be rewarded with a generous remuneration package and a full range of benefits, including:
• Extended Health and Dental
• Retirement and Pension Plans
• Employee & Family Assistance Program
• Maternity and Parental Leave Top-Up Payments
• Life/Sick Insurance Benefits
• 3 Weeks Vacation to start
• Awards & Recognition
For more details on the array of benefits BC Assessment has to offer, please click here. If you'd like to find out what it's like to work at BC Assessment, click here to view our career videos.
BC Assessment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Upon joining the BC Assessment team, you'll find yourself working with a group of friendly, team-oriented individuals who strive to deliver exceptional customer service while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Best of all, you can look forward to an environment where your skills and experience are truly appreciated and rewarded.
Please note - in order to be considered for this opportunity, there is a screening questionnaire which must be completed. There are several questions, so please anticipate spending some time prior to the closing date completing it.
For complete details on this opportunity, please review the attached job description and supplementary fact sheet. These positions are included in the Bargaining Unit. An eligibility list will be established.
Qualifications / Required Skills
To apply as an Appraiser I, you will need an undergraduate degree, preferably in Commerce or Business Administration. Other undergraduate degrees may also be considered with a preference for Economics, Urban Geography, Urban Planning, or Engineering.
In addition, you will join BC Assessment with a commitment to complete UBC course BUSI 330 – Foundations of Real Estate Appraisal within 12 months of appointment, with the goal to become certified as an accredited appraiser with either the Real Estate Institute of BC and/or the Appraisal Institute of Canada.
You may be considered for an Appraiser II role if you meet the qualifications of the Appraiser I role (see above), plus you have 24 months of appraisal related experience with completion or equivalent credit for the following UBC courses:
• BUSI 121 Foundations of Real Estate Mathematics (N/A for PGCV education path)
• BUSI 330 Foundations of Real Estate Appraisal
• BUSI 331 Real Estate Investment Analysis and Advanced Income Appraisal
• BUSI 401 Commercial Property Analysis
• BUSI 442 Case Studies in Appraisal I
• BUSI 443 Real Property Assessment Administration
• BUSI 344 Statistical and Computer Applications in Valuation (for DULE-Assessment education path)
• BUSI 452 Case Studies in Appraisal II (for AIC or DULE - Appraisal education path)
For more information on educational requirements for Appraisers at BC Assessment, please visit the BC Assessment - Sauder School of Business Education
Salary: $47,088.55 - $67,647.96
To apply please visit: