This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category:
Province: Victoria , British Columbia
Position: Executive Director, Workplace Development Services
Deadline: January 17, 2016
Posted: December 23, 2015
Job Description / Duties
BC Public Service
Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services
Executive Director, Workplace Development Services
Bring your project management and commercial real estate expertise to this challenging leadership role
The Workplace Development Services Branch (WDS) translates client requirements into building solutions; facilitating planning, funding approvals, conceptual design and providing oversight of detail design and implementation. The Branch focuses mainly on large capital multi-year programs, projects and major building renovations, over $2M, procured through a variety of methods.
As the Executive Director, you will be the subject matter expert and responsible for the management and leadership of a team of Directors of Capital Projects, Senior Development Managers, Development Managers, Project Analysts, Project Coordinators, and Project Administrators, responsible for the implementation of major accommodation and real estate projects utilizing private sector project managers, architects, engineers, specialist consultants and contractors. You will be responsible for client portfolios and quality control including project deliverables.
You are highly effective under pressure and have a track record of leadership and team building success. You possess exceptional oral and written communication, relationship building and negotiation skills. You have a good understanding of environmental stewardship principles and green building design, government procurement and contract management policy and practices.
If you have expert knowledge of project management principles and leading practices, commercial real estate, leasing and the building development process, we encourage your application.
For more information and to apply before January 17, 2016, please go to:
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Recognized university degree or certification in architecture, engineering or other related discipline (P.Eng., MAIBC, ASct, PMP, PQS, CCIM, or LEED®AP.) with five years current and progressively more senior experience in the fields of architecture, project management, or engineering; or an acceptable combination of education, training and a minimum of 10 years experience.
• Five years experience supervising / managing staff (professional and technical experts) at all phases of a building development project.
• Five years experience in a leadership role in the planning, procurement, design and construction of complex commercial real estate projects including technology solutions.
• Five years experience dealing with all levels of clients and regulatory agencies.
• Five years experience managing stakeholder relationships and communication.
• Experience working with environmental stewardship principles, business case development, value analysis techniques, real estate financing and contract law.
• Experience in the development and letting of contracts including drafting RFP content, advertising, tendering, awarding and administering awarded contracts.
• Experience establishing performance measures, monitoring project team achievements, and change request/management processes.