This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category:
Province: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Investment Analyst - Real Estate
Deadline: March 25, 2016
Posted: February 29, 2016
Job Description / Duties
We’re driven to ensure the well-being of drivers. We’re working to keep rates low and stable, providing hassle-free service, and proactively partnering to reduce crashes and loss.
Investment Analyst – Real Estate
North Vancouver, BC
Are you passionate about furthering your career in Real Estate Investment?
ICBC’s investment portfolio includes a growing number of commercial properties across Canada and we are looking for an experienced Analyst to join our Real Estate Investment team. In this challenging role, you will conduct market research and data analysis to identify risks and opportunities and generate critical information in support of the management of our real estate portfolio.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Conducting market research to gather information in support of real estate investment recommendations. Involves developing and interacting with multiple external sources and contacts at all levels to discuss and extract information.
• Performing analysis to identify risks and opportunities and generating critical information in support of investment strategies, planning and decisions as well as documenting findings and preparing recommendations through reports and presentations
• Participating in the asset management of the portfolio, including lease analysis, financial statement review and direction of third party property managers and leasing agents.
• Participating in the valuation of the real estate assets.
• Assisting in the acquisition and disposition of real estate assets.
• Presenting the results of research, analysis and evaluations to an internal investment committee, providing explanations, rationale, and recommendations. Interacting with investment staff at all levels to discuss and alert them to findings and observations.
• Researching best practice and recommending appropriate application in the development of procedures, policies and standards for the department.
Candidates will have post-secondary education in a related field along with several years’ related work experience. Experience in commercial property management and leasing would be an asset. Well-developed analytical skills, organizational skills, sound judgment and the ability to work independently will be complemented by knowledge of real estate budgeting, financial statement interpretation and real estate valuation. Exposure to acquisition & disposition of real estate as well as ARGUS DCF software would be an asset.
As a valued member of the ICBC team, you’ll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment.
If you’re ready to join a driven team, we’d love to hear from you. For full details on this and all other current positions visit www.icbc.com. Please submit your application online to the ICBC website.
ICBC is a welcoming, equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.