Job Description / Duties
BCIT's School of Business is seeking a regular, full-time Faculty for its new Advanced Diploma in Professional Real Estate. We are seeking an expert in the Real Estate field to prepare, deliver, manage and administer the new Advanced Diploma in Real Estate. The program has been approved by all levels at BCIT and has an anticipated start date of January 2020. The job may include, but is not limited to:
• Managing the development and revision of the course content
• Coordinating the pedagogy and projects with the faculty
• Developing and coordinating recruiting strategies for program instructors
• Establish a solid network of industry professionals
• Working with the BCIT School of Business, the Associate Dean and Marketing team to promote the new program to potential students and to the industry
This program is designed for three consecutive 15-week semesters with five Real Estate specific courses per semester commencing in January 2020. Ideal candidates thrive in a collaborative and collegial working environment; have a breadth and depth of subject matter expertise and current and extensive industry experience in real estate management. The faculty leader would be able to inspire and motivate his peers and adult learners to achieve academic success.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A respected, proven reputation within the BC real estate industry.
• BCIT Diploma in Professional Real Estate, or Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
• Currently licensed under the British Columbia Real Estate Services Act.
• A minimum of ten years’ experience working in British Columbia in commercial/retail/industrial real estate industry and proven success in British Columbia real estate brokerage preferred”. .
• Post-secondary teaching experience, curriculum development and classroom delivery would be an asset.
• An established network of relevant professional real estate contacts in the Lower Mainland and British Columbia.
• Excellent English-language communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent skills using Microsoft Office and online digital media and mobile tools as well as industry specific digital software and databases.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a collegial environment.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
• Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
• A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a pension plan.
• Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
• Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
• Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
• Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
START DATE: September, 2019 (Negotiable)
SALARY RANGE: $53,566 to $93,828 per annum.
Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the BCIT Collective Agreement.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 19SF247
OPENING DATE: June 15, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only successful candidates will be required to have transcripts submitted directly to BCIT’s Human Resources Department directly from granting institution at the time of reference checks. If applicable, successful candidates will be responsible for the completion of international credential evaluations. All appointments will be conditional until receipt of verified credentials.
To apply, visit us at careers.bcit.ca
We are only able to accept applications that are submitted on the BCIT Careers website.
Direct link to apply: https://bit.ly/2IQGUsK