Job Description / Duties
The Property Negotiation II is responsible for property negotiations involving the leasing, management, acquisition and sale of real property as it relates to the City's immediate and long-term real estate requirements, and the support of City Council priorities and initiatives.
This position will be working as part of the Real Estate Services team on the City's portfolio of properties.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Preserving and improving the City's real estate asset base through the marketing and leasing of City-owned space, regular rent reviews, proactive asset management, preventative maintenance and cost saving strategies and the recommendation of strategic property acquisitions and management initiatives.
- Negotiate leases, acquisitions, partial takings and dispositions on behalf of the City, along with undertaking in-house real estate appraisals and valuations for a variety of purposes.
- Negotiation of use clauses, material contractual terms and related matters, lease renewals, operating agreements, the preparation of budgets, operating cost reconciliations and recoveries, and analysis of market trends.
- This position contributes to the management, administration and valuation of a diverse and intricate portfolio of commercial, industrial and residential real estate assets to ensure a sustainable market-supported revenue source to the City, while commensurately supporting the City's public objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in Urban Land Economics or related discipline or completion of a recognized certification program (appraisal option) and considerable experience in real property appraisal and negotiation work, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Eligibility for certification as an Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI), Certified Residential Appraiser or with the Real Estate Institute of British Columbia (RIBC), or an equivalent designation.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of property valuation, current realty values, construction costs, market trends, major civic and private development projects, mortgages and leases.
- Ability to successfully meet and negotiate with property owners or their representatives and deal with tenants, realtors, business and legal representatives, contractors, architects, committees and the general public.
- Ability to perform complex appraisal tasks and to negotiate with property owners for the acquisition, expropriation, sale, development, lease and rental of land.
- Ability to prepare detailed technical reports related to all types of property and to prepare and monitor project budgets.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills to deal tactfully with property owners, tenants, realtors, civic staff, committees and the business community.
- Familiarity with current business software.
- Ability to perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to exercise sound independent judgement and handle a complex workload with changing priorities.
Salary: $46.75 to $55.35 per hour
Interested candidates can apply online: https://jobs.vancouver.ca/job/Vancouver-Property-Negotiator-II-Brit/582697800/
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.