The REIBC credential is a widely recognized and respected accreditation and is regarded by leaders in the real estate industry as synonymous with excellence, competency, and professionalism. Those that have earned the credential are committed to maintaining the highest standards of practice and business and personal ethics in the delivery of real estate services. Like my peers and associates I am very proud of my REIBC designation.
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Concert Properties Ltd.
As a professional member, you receive the RI designation. As a symbol of excellence, employers and consumers understand the value of the professional RI designation. It represents you as being educated, experienced, and connected.
- Enhances your professional credibility
- Broadens your business opportunities
- Expands your peer network
- Supports your career growth
- Gives you a competitive advantage.
To qualify as a Professional member you must be a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant and have one of the following minimum educational credentials:
- UBC - B. Comm. with a major in Urban Land Economics
- UBC - Urban Land Economics Diploma
- UBC - Bachelor of Business in Real Estate
- BCIT - Marketing Management (Professional Real Estate Option) Diploma
- UBC - Post-Graduate Certificate in Real Property Valuation (PGCV)
- Ryerson University – Real Estate Management
- University of Guelph - Real Estate and Housing (REH)
- Langara - Diploma in Real Estate
MBA will be handled on a case by case basis.
Applicants holding one of the following professional designations will also meet the acceptable standard:
- CRA (with undergraduate degree) – (Appraisal Institute of Canada)
- RLA (Member, BC Society of Landscape Architects)
- MAIBC (Member, Architecture Institute of BC)
- MCIP (Member, Canadian Institute of Planners)
- BCLS (British Columbia Land Surveyors)
- MRICS (Member, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
- FRICS (Fellow, The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
- AACI (Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute)
(To discuss the suitability of your educational criteria, please contact REIBC at 604-685-3702 or 1-800-667-2166.)
In addition, you must also be employed full-time in the real estate profession for a minimum of three of the four years before the date of application.
In recognition of professions that require a post-secondary degree or diploma and substantial work experience, applicants currently holding one of the following professional licenses shall meet the acceptable standard providing it can be demonstrated that a majority of their work is real estate related:
- Notaries Public
The above professions must do at least 51% of their work in real estate and require a minimum of three years related real estate experience.
If you don’t qualify through the above you may qualify for the Exemption Entrance.
To apply for Professional membership, click the apply now button below and complete the registration form and pay the application fee. Your application will be sent to you via e-mail once you register and pay the application fee of $100 plus GST. Click here to view a sample application form.
Your completed application is submitted to REIBC and reviewed. Having an RI propose you is a requirement of the application. If you do not know an RI please contact the office to discuss further.
If all requirements are met, you will then be interviewed by a member of the Board of Governors. That is the last step!
- Non-refundable application fee — $105 (includes GST)
- Annual Professional membership fee — $588.00+GST effective April 1 through March 31.
- Fees are $294 +GST effective October 1 through March 31.
For more information contact the REIBC office.