This is a Temporary, Full-time position.
Province: Dunsmuir, British Columbia
Position: Property Representative 1
Deadline: February 10, 2023
Posted: January 27, 2023
Job Description / Duties
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Property Representative 1
Job Number: BCH-T-1639-230127E1
Job Location: Dunsmuir, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* Arranges the sale, acquisition, lease and/or management of moderately complex properties or property rights ensuring that BC Hydro's requirements are met; researches and analyzes property rights, physical attributes and/or customer requests; determines financial impacts, feasibility and prepares reports and recommendations; prepares budget estimates for capital or operating expenditures for acquisition projects; solicits interest via advertisements; arranges for, prepares and negotiates offers, terms and conditions with customers, property owners and others; prepares agreements, documentation and required approvals.
* Manages an assigned real estate leasing portfolio representing BC Hydro’s interests as a landlord or tenant by: renegotiating/reviewing lease agreements, managing the contractual relationships, and conducting site inspections; monitoring and advising tenants of breaches/financial or other agreement problems and following up to take appropriate corrective action and/or negotiate a resolution.
* Manages moderately complex BC Hydro’s utility corridor property interests, reservoir lands, fee owned lands and other interests; negotiates agreements; performs site inspections; reviews development and construction plans; ensures work is carried out in accordance with plans, agreements and safety requirements; follows up with property owners, developers and contractors on right of way encroachments where a safety hazard to public or BC Hydro works exists.
* Provides assistance and support to Property Representative 2’s and reporting Manager on major complex capital projects and proposals; undertakes assigned moderately complex task segments for project elements as a work package manager.
* Provides technical direction to contractors, professional consultants and Properties staff; provides direction and instruction to Legal Services on the preparation, registration and release of various property rights and transactions; provides technical guidance and checks the work of Property Coordinators.
* Conducts research regarding legal, historic, economic, financial and political uses of land and rights related to various projects and proposals; prepares reports, supporting data and recommendations; follows up to implement approved recommendations.
* Reviews and approves contract payments to maintain BC Hydro property rights; approves payment requisitions for other staff members within designated authority limits.
* Prepares and submits Crown land tenure, other permits and permissions, and Agricultural Land Commission applications as required.
* Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the nature of the job.
* University degree in the field of Business with a focus on real estate, Land Use or Resource Land Management; or 80% completion of a Diploma in Urban Land Economics or of a professional designation in one of the following: Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI), Right of Way Professional (RWP), Senior Right of Way Professional (SR/WA), Certified Leasing Officer (CLO) or a Professional RI designation from the Real Estate Institute of BC (REIBC).
* Four (4) years' experience in progressively more responsible real estate related positions involving the acquisition/sale of land, acquisition of property rights, appraisal report writing, analysis of various property transaction details, contracts administration and property rights and interest registration.
* Must hold a valid class five (5) driver's license.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
* A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain the following requirements in good standing:
Driver's License Type = Class 5
* This is a Full-Time Temporary role with an approximate end date of February 2024.
* This is a re-bulletin posting, previously candidates do not need to re-apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by Feb. 10, 2023.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro's discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week
Please apply on https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html