Job Board > Senior Property Negotiator - Metro Vancouver
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Province: Burnaby, British Columbia
Position: Senior Property Negotiator
Deadline: May 9, 2023
Posted: March 27, 2023
Job Description / Duties
Position Title: Senior Property Negotiator
Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Procurement and Real Estate Services
Employee Group: Teamsters Local 31
Location: 4515 Central Boulevard, Burnaby
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: PG 29 $3,381.40 - $3,998.38 bi-weekly*
Our Procurement and Real Estate Services Department is seeking a Senior Property Negotiator who will be a leader within our growing team. This position will lead a small team that will carry out a wide variety of transactions from acquisition of fee simple lands to other interests in land and will participate in the creation and maintenance of the District’s real estate strategies as well as to provide a strong role as part of the leadership team in Real Estate Services in the operations of the division.
You are: a real estate professional with strong leadership abilities; have significant experience in the negotiation of property rights; including project management of land acquisition projects and supervising staff. You have a positive and enthusiastic attitude; enjoys being part of a lively and dynamic team; organized and detail-oriented; dependable and reliable; courteous and respectful; and personally invested in supporting others and guaranteeing satisfaction.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Coordinates the development of large scale land acquisition projects; prepares appraisal and negotiation reports, feasibility studies, analyses and related recommendations relating to real estate values and market conditions.
• Conducts appraisal of residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural land to be acquired for a variety of purposes; gathers data from a variety of sources and carries out field inspections to supplement data obtained; determines market value of land; meets with owners and their agents or representatives and negotiates the terms of acquisitions.
• Provides supervision and guidance to Property Negotiators, support staff and consultants assigned to the project; participates in selection and training of same; assists a superior in supervision, planning and coordinating staff, operations, and programs of the division.
• Attends meetings as required; defends, substantiates and explains valuations, findings and recommendations and provides advice and guidance relating to land policy, real property transactions and related matters.
• Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
• Completion of the 12th grade and completion of a recognized real estate appraisal program, courses in negotiations, plus considerable related experience in real property appraisal, negotiation, property management, and expropriation work or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI), Professional Member of the Real Estate Institute of British Columbia (RI) or equivalent professional designation.
• Considerable knowledge of the regulations, laws, acts, statutes and of the policies and objectives governing the work.
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures used in land appraisal and negotiation for the purchase, sale, rental, and property management of real estate, rights of way and other property interests.
• Sound knowledge of current property values, market trends, major civic or private development projects and their effects and influence on property values and of the methods, procedures, regulations, forms and documents used in conveyancing, real estate operations land registration and related transactions.
• Sound knowledge of the rules, regulations of Expropriation and by-laws relative to zoning, subdivision, site development, building permits and other legislation affecting real property.
• Ability to coordinate large development projects, to prepare feasibility studies, to analyze reports, and prepare recommendations.
• Ability to perform complex appraisal tasks and to negotiate with property owners and developers for the acquisition, expropriation, sale, and development of land.
• Ability to provide direction and guidance to Property Negotiators, support staff, and consultants, to participate in the selection and training of same, and to assist a superior in supervising, planning, and coordinating division operations and programs.
• Ability to provide advice and guidance relating to property policy, property transactions and related matters; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and to provide information and assistance to same on matters related to the work.
• Driver's License for the Province of British Columbia.
*2021 wage rates
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, LGBTQ2S+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
Metro Vancouver currently requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (subject to any exemptions and accommodations) and provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Effective April 3, 2023, Metro Vancouver will be pausing the requirement for all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and the requirement to provide proof of vaccination. Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by April 11, 2023.
Salary: PG 29 $3,381.40 - $3,998.38 bi-weekly*
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by May 9, 2023.