Job Board > Property Coordinator 1 - BC Hydro
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Province: Dunsmuir, British Columbia
Position: Property Coordinator 1
Deadline: January 3, 2023
Posted: December 14, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Property Coordinator 1
Job Number: BCH-R-1583-221213E1
Job Location: Dunsmuir, British Columbia, Canada
Powered by water... and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We're proud to be ranked as one of B.C.'s Top Employers and one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
* Examines, researches, and analyses requests and proposals from internal and external sources regarding existing or new BC Hydro property interests and makes decisions if the proposal/request warrants further technical and engineering review. Reviews legal terms and conditions of BC Hydro’s property interests, searches titles, reviews maps, plans, legal surveys, etc. in order to make decisions. Prepares recommendations for review by senior staff or management. Completes property referrals and clearances as required. Follows up and arranges for or independently prepares documentation to implement approved recommendations.
* Acquires (secures) and renews Crown Land tenures in support of BC Hydro’s operational requirements; reviews, negotiates, and co-ordinates fees, costs, and ensures documentation is in accordance with BC Hydro’s standards.
* Independently prepares standard documents related to the acquisition, disposition, lease and management of BC Hydro’s property interests. Drafts non-standard clauses for review by Property Coordinator 2 and/or Solicitors. Checks executed documents for completion and accuracy for registration and forwards for registration. Compiles relevant property information including property taxes, water charges, legal fees, mortgage payments etc., in support of property transactions. Records and reports registration particulars to the owners/solicitors, and internal BC Hydro personnel.
* Performs field checks and inspections of BC Hydro fee owned properties and rights of way related to proposals/requests and permitted uses granted by BC Hydro.
* Provides management services for BC Hydro properties: includes arranging for advertisement for leases, sales or rentals; monitors sales completion and lease renewal dates; reviews tenant applications, obtains credit checks, explains lease terms and recommends the most suitable tenant; responds to tenant issues and arranges for approved repairs and maintenance; initiates
changes or collection action if necessary; issues rental invoices; monitors payment of tenants rental and property tax billings; drafts account adjustment requests, tracks operating expenses and prepares account reconciliation; identifies accounts in arrears, and initiates collection action by contacting tenants, lessees and others to collect accounts and/or discuss payment arrangements for rental or lease fees; refers collections beyond assigned authority level to senior staff or management.
* Prepares financial documents and reports including EARs, Payment Requisitions, AofTs, RPAs and CRAs in support of various Property functions; processes payments for property transactions, ensures transactions are correct, handles problems and identifies financial or processing issues to senior staff.
* Prepares line lists, identification of deficiencies and or dropped property rights and participates in special studies and projects; utilizes various databases to undertake property research and analysis including EGIS, BC Online, Corporate Online, GATOR, LIMS, PeopleSoft and PReSS in support of major capital projects and requests from BC Hydro's operational groups.
* Operates a PC and related word processing, spreadsheet, and other common desktop applications. Maintains, manages, and updates several property related databases.
* Provides province-wide Properties Help Desk service, answering requests for Properties information and services; handles contentious trouble calls and rush inquiries from members of the public over property issues. Interacts with customers to understand customer’s needs and requirements for their projects and to communicate Hydro’s needs and requirements for public safety and electrical system integrity.
* Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job.
* Knowledge of Property Law, Principles of Real Estate, Legal descriptions/survey/mapping/formal registration systems, commercial Real estate sales and leasing, the BC Land Titles system of land registration and procedures and customer service. Knowledge is typically acquired through High school graduation plus completion of a one-year Community College program as a Legal Administrative Assistant and/or completion of 2 years of the 4-year Urban Land Economics diploma program or equivalent. Computer skills are typically acquired through use of various internal and external databases and IT systems plus BC Hydro’s in-house courses.
* A minimum of 12 months of practical Real Estate Properties or property legal experience. Satisfactory performance on this job requires up to 2 additional years to acquire the knowledge and skills to perform the full scope of the job. Well developed oral, written, teamwork and interpersonal skills are required.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
* This position's primary focus is to prepare and register statutory right of way documents for BC Hydro’s distribution assets on private and Crown land, in order to ensure that BC Hydro has the ability to operate and maintain its electrical distribution system.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at https://app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by Jan. 03, 2023.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro's discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week