This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category:
Province: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Property Services Agent
Deadline: February 12, 2016
Posted: January 21, 2016
Job Description / Duties
As a Property Services Agent you will be a key member of the Real Estate and Properties Department and responsible for a diverse portfolio of commercial, industrial, retail and residential real estate assets to ensure that the District’s varied interests are protected and the municipality achieves maximum value from this portfolio. This includes land acquisition and sales, appraisal, and negotiation among other responsibilities.
Reporting to the Manager, you will represent the Planning, Properties and Permits Division and the District of North Vancouver by drawing on your real estate and project management experience as well as your strong team and consensus building skills and your proven ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.
Reporting to the Manager, Real Estate and Properties, you will:
• Coordinate the activities of real estate, facilities management, financial and administrative, legal and communications professionals to fulfil the mandate and responsibilities of the Department and the Municipality.
• Assist the Manager to coordinate operations and programs for the department; provide direction, guidance and training to staff; direct and coordinate the work of consultants; and lead the work of interdisciplinary municipal teams.
• Negotiate complex agreements and arrangements, prepare business cases and undertake appropriate planning, real estate, economic and financial analysis to support your decision making.
• Consult, liaise and negotiate with staff of municipal agencies, boards, commissions and divisions, elected officials, community groups, other governments and the private sector to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
• Maintain an ongoing awareness of current trends, practices and directions in real estate development, property management, asset management and public-private partnerships.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A degree in Urban Land Economics, or a diploma in Commercial Real Estate, and experience and understanding of AACI appraisals OR other education and accreditation in a related discipline.
• Membership in the Real Estate Institute of BC (or eligibility for membership) or a similar association such as the IRWA or Expropriation Association.
• Strong project management skills and experience including the ability to define and meet project purpose and objectives, undertake project activities, achieve milestones and deliverables, monitor and track progress, and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
• Considerable related experience and knowledge with most aspects of residential, commercial and industrial real estate, the local development industry, property management, and municipal planning.
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively in an interdisciplinary team.
• A valid BC driver’s license.
Your relationship-building skills are superior as are your presentation, negotiation and research skills. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You work well within a complex and rapidly changing political environment and you are comfortable engaging a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. You have strong visionary and planning skills combined with the ability to get involved in the day-to-day execution of all aspects of the department’s operations.
Salary: The salary range for this unionized position is $40.16 to $47.44 per hour based on a 35-hour work week (2015 rates).
The District offers an excellent benefits package, professional development, a respectful workplace environment, and an on-going commitment to work/life balance. If you are a results-oriented, innovative professional looking to make a difference in local government please apply on-line at www.dnv.org/careers by February 12, 2016.