This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category:
Province: Vancouver, British Columbia
Position: Sr. Manager, Site C Properties
Deadline: March 21, 2016
Posted: March 7, 2016
Job Description / Duties
Reports to the Director, Properties, with accountability also to the Vice President and Project Director, Site C; manages the Site C Properties team (approximately 10 members); oversees all property-related aspects of the Site C project carrying out critical properties matters including the strategy, policies, and property and rights delivery related to the project; and is tasked with the responsibility of:
• acquiring the land and rights required for the construction, mitigation and operation of the Site C Clean Energy Project,
• the acquisition of rights for the project’s transmission and distribution lines,
• the acquisition of sites for buildings and facilities,
• the management of those acquired lands and rights
• the management of lands deemed to be surplus.
• The Site C Properties team is also accountable for obtaining rights to Crown land and for obtaining consent from tenure holders, as appropriate.
• Makes presentations to property owners, their legal counsel, BC Hydro’s senior management and executive, the Water Comptroller, the Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure, the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, the Ministry of Energy and Mines, municipalities and regional districts, and other Ministries and entities as required.
• Manages complex relationships and risks within and outside of BC Hydro, with a strong focus on results being delivered within budget and schedule and consistent with BC Hydro’s values.
• Accountable for budgeting, forecasting, financial and schedule reporting.
• Manages a high performing group of properties professionals and support resources.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Extensive experience dealing with complex and sensitive property acquisition and management issues, involving significant stakeholder engagement and operational, financial, legal and reputational risks.
• Knowledge related to all aspects of Crown, private and other complex property acquisition and rights management accountabilities.
• High achievement of technical expertise in property acquisition and rights management issues (through education or experience)
• A business degree, preferably with a specialty in real estate, or equivalent.
• Exceptional communication, facilitation, negotiation, presentation and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to establish a high level of rapport and communicate effectively with people in a variety of positions i.e. board members, executives, senior government staff, technical staff, property owners, and special interest groups.
• At least five years of managerial/supervisory experience leading teams with business unit accountability and a mandate to set direction and build relationships and trust across the unit and broader organization.
• Well-developed leadership characteristics, such as being able to relate well to all kinds of people, the ability to make a positive impression and build solid business relationships.
• Excellent judgment when managing complex issues, especially where time is short, along with the ability to anticipate challenges and develop solutions in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to prepare reports and briefings for senior management on complex
• property matters.
• The ability to work collaboratively with other senior managers to develop/ implement risk mitigation strategies and to ensure compliance with legal, financial, and procurement requirements.
• Experience working with Crown agencies (i.e. Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, Water Comptroller, etc.).
* A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain the following requirements in good standing: Driver's License Type = Class 5
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at www.bchydro.com/careers/ by March 21st 2016.
Click here to access the job posting or visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the Apply button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.