"REIBC provides me with opportunities to learn about current trends in the real estate industry as well as network with professionals from all facets of the industry. I continue to form lasting connections with other REIBC members through the events the Institute facilitates."
-Michelle Hamlyn, RI(Candidate), Parklane Homes
As a candidate member you receive the RI(Candidate) designation. As a symbol of excellence, employers and consumers understand the value of the RI(Candidate) designation. Having the RI(Candidate) designation is a competitive advantage.
- Enhance your professional credibility.
- Broaden your business opportunities.
- Access industry information and educational resources.
- Get connected and expand your peer network.
- Support your career growth.
To qualify as a Candidate member you must be a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant at least 21 years of age, having either met the education requirements and completing your work experience or completing both education and experience requirements.
A Candidate Membership is valid for a maximum of five (5) years.
To apply for candidate membership, click the application form button below and complete the registration form and pay the application fee. Your application will be sent to you via e-mail once you register and pay the application fee of $25 plus GST.
Your completed application, submitted with the non-refundable application fee will be reviewed. You will then be interviewed by a member of the Board of Governors who makes a recommendation to the Board of Governors. The Board reviews the application and makes its decision. Upon payment of the membership fee the successful applicants are entitled to use the RI(Candidate) designation.
- Non-refundable application fee - $26.25(includes GST)
- Annual Candidate membership fee - $242.77 + GST effective April 1 through March 31.
- Fees from October 1 - March 31 are $121.39 + GST.
For more information contact the REIBC office.